Charming Bat Motel!

I just had to try Faux Postage with the Bat Motel image from The Rubber Cafe! I notice now that my postage is outdated...but hey, these babies are collectible!!

I do my faux postage a little differently. I have some low tack narrow masking tape that I tape over the postage lines. I color the image, mask it, and then sponge the purple ink over entire panel. I sponged so I would get the *streaks* coming from the house for spook effect!

Two other images on this card are from The Rubber Cafe as well. Charming and the Halloween Candy. For the candy, I colored it with Copic Markers and Spica Glitter Pens and then covered with Glossy Accents, so they look like wrappers! One of my favorite decorative scissors is the Fiskars Postage Scissors....just perfect for this card!

Thanks for taking a peek! Be sure to check out Melissa's entire Halloween collection HERE!

Comments

Ellibelle said…
I love this, Michelle. Love the images you used, and what a great idea with the candy in the corner on the bottom.
I always wanted to try this faux postage, and can't believe I haven't yet.
Anonymous said…
Awesome!! rita w
Claireabelle said…
Wow, love your bat hotel Michelle
x
Michelle N. said…
Very cute. Love the candy accents! YUM!
Lynn McAuley said…
Love this fabulous faux postage Halloween delight!! What beautiful work, Michelle, so perfectly crafted!!
Great inspiration! It's been a long time since I've done this technique. May have to give it a try again soon.
paige said…
Cute card and a fun way to stamp the main image! Fun details too!
faux postage stamp is perfect for your "bat hotel" heee heee! great card :)
Very Cool, Michelle!!! Love this!! Must try it myself!!

Hugs,
Jen
Michelle said…
ohhhh i loving faux postage (saving this pic to my inspiration file right now.. this is a super card michelle TFS! and inspiring me.. michelle

Popular Posts