Creative Blog Hop - Simple Moments

 
Happy Monday!  Today I am participating in a Creative Blog Hop which is a tour of creative blogs to meet new crafty friends, share inspiration and techniques.
 
I was mentioned in a post from crafty friend Vicki Robertson on August 4th.  If you have a minute, pop on over and check out her awesome blog!
 
What am I working on?
I just recently completed the Splitcoaststampers Dare To Get Dirty challenge...49 cards in a week...I made one for each challenge, so you may call me a Dare to Get Dirty QUEEN!  

How does my work differ from others in my genre?
Oh, I would say that I like to dabble with almost any technique and style.  You will see some extremely putzy cards on my blog followed by clean and simple.  I like glitter, embroidery, zentangle, fussy cutting, you will see it all!
 
Why do I write/create what I do?
Creating is what I do.  I love papers and images of many kinds...I love seeing them come to life as paper and images meet.  Change the paper or one element and you have an entirely different creation.  What's not to love?    I enjoy making personalized projects for people; projects that have a special little place in someone's heart.

How does my writing/creative process work?
I am inspired by life.  Things I see in nature; my flowers, landscapes, vacations, etc.  I am inspired by designer papers, images, colors.  I really don't plan things out.  I usually start with an image and match it to a paper that I've chosen for color or feel.  I have TONS of paper...and I remember what I have and often dig until I find what I'm looking for.  I usually remember where I saw it last and can find it quite quickly.  I remember my embellishments in the same way and things just fall together.

Thank you so much for joining me today!  Here is where I should be introducing 2-3 blogger friends to pass the hop along to; however my invitees were unable to hop with me next Monday. So I am going to open this hop up to anyone who wishes to play along.  Please comment on this blog post if you can play along that you will be joining the hop.  Email me privately and I will send you the hop info you need and I will post your links in my next Monday post.  
 
In the meantime, you can check out the links on my sidebar...these ladies are inspiring to me and have some beautiful blogs to discover!

It's also Prickley Pear Monday here on my blog!  Today's car features GG0194 Poppy Bud, and EE0187 Simple Moments.  I colored the image with Copic markers and then fussy cut it before adding it to the card.  I cut a few of the D045 Flourish die from some pearlized paper.  Other supplies include some lace, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Candi dots and a Couture Creations embossing folder.

Comments

Maureen R said…
As always a very pretty card. Your article is wonderful & nice to learn a bit more about you.
stampingbowd said…
You most certainly are a DTGD Queen!!! congrats on completing all the challenges!! YOU ROCK!!! They were all gorgeous too! This card you have on your blog today is so pretty! Lovely coloring on the flower and beautiful sentiment!
Rene' said…
Beautiful card ! Just love the colors.
Vicki said…
Michelle, your card is fabulous! I love the die cuts layered over the embossed background. Thanks for playing along with the CBH!
Thanks for the getting to know you a bit better - it's a great idea.
Love that card Michelle - the white background embossing with the kraft flourishes are is fabulous.
Blessings
Maxine
Tracy said…
Gorgeous card, love the design
Happy crafting
Tracy xxx

Popular Posts