You're Egg-Stra Special!

 
I have a sweet little card today using the Egg-Stra Special stamp set for The Rubber Cafe.  I stamped the image on white cardstock and colored it with Copic Markers.  I stamped the image twice so that I could have the top portion of the egg as well as the bottom.  I trimmed off the chick and used a white gel pen to get rid of the shadow portion of the image....though I guess I could have left it intact.

Here you can see that I cut out some of the eggs from the Echo Park Sunny Days Ahead collection and scattered them on the fun background.  The background inspired the card...it was a piece of mail I received that I upcycled...it went perfectly with this collection!  I added some pink paper embroidery around the panel for a fun touch.   Note the egg-substitue for the word egg in the sentiment!

Here you can see the dimension...the little chick is popped up with an Action Wobbles that I cut down so it would fit behind the chick image.  I popped the top portion of the egg up on foam tape as well.

Here is a little video peek of the wobble action:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Hs_FETkcE

Details:  Attach designer paper measuring 4 x 5 1/4 to a piece of blue cardstock measuring 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches.  Pierce the edge of the designer paper with piercing tool on a foam mat, if desired, and embroider with the embroidery floss and needle.  I used 2 strands.

Cut the egg designer paper to 3 3/4 x 1 1/4 inches and mat on blue cardstock measuring 4 x 1 1/2 inches.  Attach to card as shown with foam tape.  Wrap the sparkly green fiber around the card to mimic grass and attach the tails to the back of the card panel.  Attach panel to A2 folded card.

Cut out eggs and decorate card if desired.  Stamp the sentiments on yellow designer paper measuring 1 7/8 x 1 1/16 inches.  Attach sentiment to card with foam tape.  Add an egg to cover the word egg if you wish!

Trim the edges of the Action Wobbles off so that it fits behind the chick image and affix to card as shown.  Attach the remaining egg shell to the card with foam tape. 

www.inspirationblooms.blogspot.com
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzil Cardstock, White Cardstock, Echo Park; Sunny Days Ahead
Ink:  Memento Black Tuxedo Ink Copic Markers
Adhesives: Foam Tape, Scrap Happy Glue
Embellishments:  Ribbon, Embroidery Floss
Other: Piercing Tool, Needle, Scissors, Foam Mat, Action Wobbles

Comments

What a super sweet and absolutely gorgeous card Michelle - love the lovely bright colours you have used.
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts