I Can't Thank You Enough...

I have another fun set of cards today for The Rubber Cafe using the May Creative Cafe Kit called Petticoat Fashion.  I used a fun technique today with the Echo Park embossing folder Curved Pennant that is included in the kit. 

I stamped with the embossing folder using Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean and Spicced Marmalade.   How do you do that you say?  I simply tapped the ink onto the raised portion of the embossing folder and for this first card just closed the folder and pressed firmly.  As you can see, this gives the most defined look of the three cards I am sharing, but also the most mottled. 


The card bases are all 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches and are the Caribbean Sea cardstock included in the kit.
For the stamped pieces I used Ranger Watercolor Cardstock and then cut it to 5 1/4 x 4 inches. 
I love the bold font of the sentiment which I stamped with Versafine Black Ink. 

I created the frame border for my card using the little squiggle in the set....it's so fun peaking out from under the watercolored panel.

I had so much fun with the first card that I reinked the embossing folder and this time misted it lightly with water.  This gives a much looser impression...love the ink splatters that just happen with a drippy embossing folder!   

I used the sentiment from the optional set on this card....this would be such a fun card to receive in the mail!

And finally, for my last card, I used generation stamping...I had inked and stamped one panel already and simply sprayed the folder again and stamped with the rest of the ink.  It is very wet so it is very undefined, but is a soft and pretty.  I used a swirl stamp from the optional stamp set to define the banners a bit and loved how they curl around the Hello sentiment so perfectly!

www.inspirationblooms.blogspot.com

Supplies:
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe' KOM- Petticoat Fashion: Hello World 
Paper: The Rubber Cafe' KOTM and Ranger Watercolor Cardstock
Ink:  Versafine Black Ink, Distress Inks:  Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean and Spiced Marmalade
Adhesives: The Rubber Cafe'-Scrap Happy Glue

Comments

Ohhh Michelle these are fabulous - like you I love that final one with the sprayed second generation 'stamping'. Wonderful cards.
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts