Simple Sympathy

The backgrounds of this set of sympathy cards are made with Distress Oxide inks on watercolor paper.  Combining two or three colors on a craft mat, spritzing with water and then dabbing the cardstock in makes for some fun papers to play with!  I will say this takes a while and especially if you let them dry naturally, but if you are making a bunch you can work your way down the line.
These cards have quite a few layers...and sometimes you think you have a real mess going on, but if you let them dry completely and re-dip them, you will come up with some really fun stuff. 

Hint:  you can use an iron and layer the panels between typing paper to hurry the process along a bit, but I do like the air drying the best.
And...I use up ALL of the ink on my craft mat...those little drops add some fun dashes of color....if not for this project, the next!  I save all of the panels and scraps in a bin...you know me....they will show up again someday, on a card....maybe even a few years from now!

Comments

Popular Posts