Tea Bag Folding - Kite Fold Two Ways!

Well, if you follow my blog, you know I enjoy tea bag folding on occasion! It is fun and easy and provides cards with some *pop!* These cards use a simple kite fold!

For this card I folded my four kites with my daisy tip on the large end of the kite. Then I folded four kites with my daisy tip on the small end of the kite.

Assembly for this is as easy as it looks....I matched up the four larger ends of my similar kites. This gave me two four-point medallions. I layered them so that I ended up with an eight-point star. Of course, had I flip-flopped them, my medallion would have a different center, thus a different look! I liked the tiny daisy in the center of this one!

Stamp is by Impression-Obsession, cardstocks are by Stampin' Up!, brad is by BasicGrey, embossing folders are by Cuttlebug.

This card features the same stamp...this is the opposite corner from the daisy tip. For this look, I folded the small end of the kite up to the larger end, essentially folding it in half. I layered them on a piece of red cardstock and then trimmed around them leaving a narrow border. Of course, this would look entirely different if I had folded them the opposite way and the daisy tip was on the wide end of the kite! The possibilities are endless!!

Same materials as above....with these additions:
~vintage button
~BasicGrey Journal Block Stamp
~Happy Birthday - Savvy Stamps

Comments

Claireabelle said…
Wow, these are STUNNING!!! It's ages since I've done t-bag folding but I think you might have inspired me to give it another go
x
I've never tried this tech. Both of these cards are awesome! I love the red and white!
Kim said…
I think I need another tea bag folding day with you! And glitter...and this...and that! Lol!!! We just need a play date!
Hugs~ Kim

Popular Posts