Wedding Cards!

The season for weddings is fast approaching...and I was asked to make a white/white wedding card....and this is what I came up with! Scroll down for lots of photos and a beautiful winter version!

The cardstock is a coated paper with subtle swirls in it, which makes it very dressy. I used a combination of Nestabilities dies (Fancy Tags and Ovals), SU!'s Top Note Die and the Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder to add detail.


The Rose Spray and Candle image is by Fred, She Said Designs. The image is colored with Copic Markers. (R39, R59, Y15, Y38, YR16, E0000, E41, E43, G20) The other color green was 67-100%, a Studio2 marker. I hit the rose and the flame with a clear Spica Glitter Pen for some added shimmer.

I carefully cut out the image, and finished the card with a wired ribbon bow and some wedding rings. Mr & Mrs is a stamp by Stampendous and is stamped with Stazon ink.


Just a little peek with more detail...you can see the texture of the shimmery paper here.


A filmy, satiny bow with rings is the perfect card topper.

Here is a wintery version I made earlier this year with the Christmas Rose set. This card is done with black and white cardstock. I used the SU! Top Note Die as well as the Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder. Lots of cutting, but it is so worth the effort!



These last two photos are of the inside of the card. The left hand side holds a few wedding hymn poems with lots of wisdom for the newlywed couple. Pearls and a Martha Stewart punch dress up the pocket.
The right hand side has a computer-generated verse. The pocket here can hold a monetary gift, gift card or personal note.

Thanks for taking a peek at my wedding projects!

Comments

Kim said…
Michelle this is absolutely stunning!!!!!! What gorgeous wedding cards hun! I especially love the all white one...so elegant!!!
Hugs~ Kim
Carolivy said…
Oh Michelle! These are absolutely Stunning! I love them both! Anyone getting either of these will be totally pleased!
Hugs
Carol
Maria Matter said…
omgosh Michelle, this is just STUNNING hun!!!! love it!!!
Blessings, Maria
Phyllis said…
Michelle these wedding cards are just so beautiful.
Gina Lindsay said…
Wow, that card is so beautiful! I love all the white, especially with the embossed layers. Just gorgeous!
Jackie said…
Gosh Michelle...........what wonderful cards. I´m sure they will be treasured forever.

Jackie in Spain xxxxx
Beautiful. I love this design. Inspires me a lot.

Popular Posts