Mickey Mouse Cards!

This post is to wish Bonnie a very Happy Birthday! Her friend asked me to make her a set of Mickey Mouse cards for her birthday! I had a ball with this one!!!

This mickey card uses a scalloped piece I found in that never-ending odds and ends bin! The little blue mickey circles are actually punched from.....JUNK MAIL! It was a disney credit card offer I received in the mail....there was some pretty fancy paper in that pile that didn't quite make it into the recycling bin! I was so glad I had saved it!!

I kept the design of these cards simple...and the Copic coloring very basic....I wanted the card to be focused on Mickey.

I created my own background paper on this one, stamping a little mickey stamp in a similar shade of ink and paper. I have some fun buttons from Fun Expressions....one just had to pop onto this card!!

Oh! ...and remember that credit card offer?! You guessed it!! I harvested that baby well!!
I stamped my sentiment on the privacy envelope! Another sassy button popped onto this card.

And while I've never been to Disney myself...I always think the white castle looks so pretty! I used the *castle* from SU!'s Provencal set for my very own disney castle! I used the crayon resist technique to keep my castle nice and white! The sky is actually a touch blue, though it doesn't show in this photo very well. The mickey is a punch and the HB is for Happy Birthday and is a Cuttlebug Tag Sale alphabet die.
So, that is it for today....pop on back tomorrow to see Minnie Mouse!!

Comments

Kathy and Lucky said…
Wow, these are just great! Oh wait that is Tony the Tiger, well they are great. Love how you used the credit card offer, think I may have to pay attention to those next time.
Cheryl said…
This are so fun! I love Mickey.
sarahw said…
Super cute cards! I love how each one is so unique. The castle one is just great.
Becky said…
wow is right..what fabulous mickey cards.
Elisabeth said…
These are awesome, Love the fact that you recycled junk mail..fantastic!!!
KER said…
i have a sudden urge to go see my in-laws in Florida...only a few miles from DW...tfs these cute cards
These are absolutely adorable! I love them all! Great set!
Vera said…
How creative to use this castle image on your Disney cards! Thanks for sharing!
Diane Warburton said…
I'm online looking for inspiration for a Mickey card and you've done just that. I can now adjust some of these designs as I'm going to use some photos I took during my Florida holiday this year.
Thanks so much for being there :-)

Popular Posts