Fish for the Fellas


Today's Designed2Delight Challenge is to make a card for the fella....no flowers allowed!! 

I chose to work with one of my favorite masculine images called Catch of the Day.  I used two images to make tihs card.

For the first image, I colored the thin frame with Copic E44 and cut it out.  I used some Metallic Rub-Ons to color my fish (pink, green, grey) and then fussy cut it from the center of the image.

Next I colored the second image entirely blue with the Metallic Rub-ons.  I cut the image out, omitting the frame.

Finally, I paper pieced my image back together, layering my blue background over my fussy cut frame with foam tape. (yes there is a hole under it where the fish was...but who knows now?!)  I added the fish to the background colored piece with foam tape as well. 

Designer Papers are from BasicGrey's Archaic and Granola collections.  I added a touch of faux stitching and distressing to finish my card.  The sentiment is from Penny Black.  I added a vintage button with linen thread.

We hope you join in the fun!  Read more about the challenge here. 

Comments

coldwaters2 said…
Fabulous card Michelle the papers and that image will bring pleasure to any Father.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Lola said…
Upon closeup, I can see the layers. Gorgeous card! I too love this image.

Popular Posts