Rubber Cafe` ~ Through A Window

This week's challenge at The Rubber Cafe is to make window cards, so I decided to make a winter shaker card.  Be sure you stop by the Rubber Cafe Blog to get all of the challenge details and prize information!

This card features the new Through A Window set.  I stamped the image twice, once on acetate with Stazon ink and then again on blue cardstock.  I stamped the blue cardstock with the new Pattern Royale background stamp to mimic wallpaper inside the house. 

I stamped my snowman from a winter background stamp twice, once on very light blue paper and then once on white cardstock.  For my snow hill, I tore a piece of white cardstock.  I used ScrapHappy Sheer Glue to glitter both the snowman and the hill with Diamond You're So Fine Glitter.  The snowman is accented with Copic Markers and then was fussy cut.

I assembled my layers and created my shaker window, adding a bit of pearl glitter for snow.  This snow can either be another closer hill, or snow piling up on the window sill!

Finally, to finish off my window I made a curtain topper with the jar lid from the Large and Mini Jar sets.
I adjusted the length so it would fit my window and wrapped it behind my shaker box.  I slipped in some decorative pins for my curtain rod.

Be sure to stop by the Rubber Cafe blog all week long to be inspired by what the design team has seen through their windows!!

Comments

Becky said…
What a fabulous shaker card..Love how you created this scene and love the curtains :)
very cute, love the snowman!!!
Jacilynn said…
what a great card! I love this window scene. Great job!
Lorie Hethorn said…
Wow! Love that new set! Shaker cards are so much fun!
Thanks for sharing!

www.loriesstampingplace.blogspot.com
Deanne G said…
I love this card!! The curtain topper and the rod are devine! Thanks!
Unknown said…
Love your holiday window card!! ;o)

Popular Posts