One Image, Three Ways!

mp 9.1.13.5 
Hello there!  Hope you all are having a relaxing weekend! I know we are enjoying some time tying up the loose ends before the school year starts!

Today's post is for MarkerPOP and my tip for you is to vary the ways you color your images, it will help you stretch your collection! I decided to color up LaLa Land Crafts' image Christmas Lantern Marci, and in my usual way, I couldn't decide what color her hair should be...so I decided to color up three images! Not only is this fun to see how they will look in the various hair colors....but it is also a way to quickly create a few cards since you already have all of your supplies out and at hand! 

mp 9.1.13.6 
I decided to further challenge myself by coloring with a different style on each of my girls...and that also changes the look of the image!For my first card I tried a totally different style of coloring for me! I was aiming for a more tweedy effect for her jacket. I laid down the lightest value of the blue and then added my shading with dots of the darker colors. at the end of my coloring I used the lightest value of the blue to blend the shaded areas slightly and the colorless blender to shade the lighter areas a bit. What do you think?!
 mp 9.1.13.3 
My second card features my favored way to color, with the flicking technique This is more of a streaky effect, but I seem to do it a lot and really think it is pretty! Notice her furry cuffs on her coat on this one!
 mp 9.1.13.4 
And finally here is the third card I did and I worked to blend the streaks out a bit more for a smoother overall look.

mp 9.1.13.1
And here again, notice that on all three of these cards I varied my shading on the ruffles...each is cute in their own way!
 mp 9.1.13.2 
Did you see the glass panels of my lanterns and the buttons on her coat?! They have been touched up with a bit of Art Anthology's Frost Dimensional Gel Paint. I purposely added it in dobs with a paintbrush to resemble frosty bumpy glass!

Supplies:LaLaLand Crafts - Christmas Lantern Marci
Copic Markers:  B97, B95, B93, B91, R85, R83, R81, E02, E00, R02
brown hair:  E59, E57, E55, E50  blonde hair:  E35, YR24, Y21  black hair 110, W7, W5, W3
Cheery Lynn Dies
Art Anthology Dimensional Gel Paint - FROST

Comments

Love the variations you shared here Michelle - although I don't use Copics, the techniques are 'transferable' to a degree.
Blessings
Maxine
wow she's adorable, you did great coloring her and the different backgrounds are all awesome !!!!
Paula
Unknown said…
Gorgeous cards! :D

Popular Posts