Something New...

Well...today I have a bit of something *new* to me to share with you!  I have been intrigued by Zentangle of late and starting a Zentangle Pinterest board and collecting tangle patterns has been great fun!

My son has dabbled with the technique in their middle-school art classes and I liked the idea.  Then he entered the middle school art contest and won third place with his Zentangle-inspired castle!  My aunt and mom have taken classes from a certified Zentangle teacher and so thus I thought I would see if I could work some Zentangle-inspired work into my papercrafting!  

We were recently away on vacation, and downhill skiing is not my thing...so while my family had a hoot on the hill, I enjoyed some quiet hours sitting in the sun giving this technique a try.

I have had no training, and I probably did lots of things *wrong* such as using odd sized papers, my own pens and papers and going off on my own when things got a little wonky, but this isn't about rules for me, it's for my enjoyment!  I also decided I'd like to make a large sampler-sort of piece just for fun, and this is what I came up with!  The paper is 11x14 inches, so this was a bit intimidating, but I didn't let myself think about it and just kept plugging away at it.    There are a few that got away from me, since ink is there once it is there, but I was hooked by the time I finished this piece.

I had time to give a second piece a start...and was 3/4 finished with it before my vacation was over.  I used a bunch of different tangles on this one...only a few of the tangles are repeats from the first piece...and there are so many I have not even tried yet! 

I have been busy since I got home...I have change formats again...and have more to share with you soon!  Have you tried Zentangle?  or do you doodle?!  It has been such a fun exploration...and now I've found another form of papercrafting that I love!


Comments

stampingbowd said…
Your zentangles are really amazing! Such beautiful weaving and curves!!! Gorgeous!
Oh, this looks like anew addiction!! Love it Michelle.
Blessings
Maxine
Jennifer said…
Hi Michelle,

I am impressed!!! :) Your two attempts at Zentangle are really some of the most beautiful ones I have seen! Glad you're enjoying a new creative outlet!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com
Janeen said…
Wow, I am impressed. This is really well done. I have tried it, it's not my cup of tea, but I think this one is quite beautiful.
Love your zentangles, Michelle! They are awesome :)
Unknown said…
wow, I have seen this kind of work before but have no idea how your suppose to do it...I loved yours...So now I will jump in and try. I have a long trip (on a plane) coming up so that will give me something to do...I loved yours! thanks for the inspiration! victoria
Unknown said…
These are so cool!!! Awesome job with your pen work. I remember doing this in High School and have been tempted to give it a try. Maybe one day! :D

Popular Posts