Wonderful Washi!

This is one of two posts today, so be sure to scroll for more inspiration!
Today is Tips and Tricks Tuesday on the MarkerPop blog, and I just HAD to play with this lovely new Washi Tape that found it's way to my house! 

My TIP for you....use it in the place of designer papers! A mere 19.5 inches of this lovely stuff....and you can create a border on your card as I did here! I just love this effect!

I then layered a white 4.5 x 3.25 inch panel to add some dimension. A second embossed layer measuring 4.25 x 3 inches comes next! I stamped Stamping Bella image called Gwendolyn Lulu and colored it with the following Copic Markers: e49, e41, e11, e000, w5, yr20, yr09, yr04, yg25, yg17. I added Spica Glitter Pen accents with Melon and Orange pens to the flowers, candles and ribbon. 

I stamped the sentiment from Wild Rose Studio's Millie Baking set and then trimmed my image so it was *outside the box.* The stamped panel measures 3.5 x 2 inches. I added some paper piercing for added interest.

Finally, I added some glittered butterfly punches to finish my card....the ONLY designer paper on my project! 

I hope this inspired you to look at Washi Tape in a new way....and maybe you'll think *outside the box* on your next stamped project! 

Comments

Love this Michelle - it is so fresh and clean and crisp. Love all the layering with the white.
Blessings
Maxine
oh this is sooo cute, and like the sentiment to!!!!
Paula
Unknown said…
Love the background you created with the washi tape! Great coloring as always! ;o)

Popular Posts