Fun Fall Cards - Mini Tutorial!

Today I'm sharing some cards for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.  This first card features images from the new red rubber fall release and a sentiment from the Clearly Beautiful Oak And Maple Leaf Clear Stamps.

I created this fun background with a technique called Rolling Marbles Technique.  I have a mini-tutorial for you below:
  • You will need some re-inkers.  In this case I was using SU! colors of Really Rust, More Mustard and Always Artichoke.   
  • I had 3 little cups in which I placed a few drops of inker into. (1 color per cup)
  • Add one marble per cup and swirl the marble around to get ink on it.
  • In a shoebox or, in this case I used a clamshell box, place a piece of cardstock.
  • Dump your marbles in and roll them around to make random designs on your cardstock. 
  • When one cardstock sheet is done to your liking, take it out and keep rolling for a lighter inked pattern.  No two pieces will be the same!
Once I was done, I simply tore the sheet in two pieces and  distressed the background sheet with Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint and Wild Honey distress inks. 

For a final touch I crumpled the panels and then hit the high spots with the Peeled Paint distress ink pad.

The image is colored with the following Copic Markers:  YG95, YG93, E59, E57, YR27, Y38, Y35.
For my second card I used two more images from the red rubber fall release.

I had these gravestone elements cut out from some American Crafts paper from halloweens past.  Here is a quick and easy way to stamp the images onto these little elements to make them look like they were always there and part of the paper:
Good ol' Masking!  I simply used some thin masking tape....there are several places that make it for masking and it is the perfect low-tack tape for such projects.  You can also use Post-it notes or Washi tape if you have that instead, just be careful that you stick it to your clothes a few times to lower the tack and pull it off carefully when you're done stamping.

I use a stamp-a-majig tool to be sure that I'm using the stamps most effectively on my pieces.  Here I used one image, focusing on the tree on one and on the graveyard on the other.   You will see the pumpkin image on the card....again, I picked the grumpiest pumpkin on the image and made that the centerpiece of my element.  

Masking is a great way to use the stamps you have in a different way!  Pick pieces you want to highlight and mask them to make them shine!

Comments

Great cards Michelle - and thanks for the tips - especially the masking one - I must to that more often.
Blessings
Maxine
Awesome cards,thanks for sharing how you made your cards, like the tip on the tape!!!
Paula

Popular Posts