Paper Embroidery Meets Couture Creations!

Today's post is for CropStop with some projects featuring Couture Creations and paper embroidery!
I am using folders from Couture Creations' Fresh and Fun collection.

As soon as I saw this folder: Fudge, I knew what I wanted to do, and being an organized pack rat, I knew right where the paper was that I wanted to use with this piece!   Chatterbox Dress Rose #29023.

Check out the fun detailing stitching this folder gives you!
Supplies for this technique are quite simple...you will want some embroidery floss, a piercing tool and a foam mat of sorts to pierce into.  I recommend piercing the indented side of the design, your thread will lay nicely in the embossed channels.  You can make your stitches as long as you like, but on the curved areas I recommend keeping them fairly close together so your stitching bends easily with the design. 
On this example you can see the effect done on the Powder Puff embossing folder.  For this project I embossed on Tim Holtz's Core'dinations' Distress Collection paper, and hit the embossing with some sandpaper. 
I used the embossing side up on this one because I wanted the sanding detailing to pop the puffs.  I used longer stitches with some iridescent floss for some of the puffs.   Other supplies are Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch and Candi Dot Embellishments.
My final project using this technique would be this card using the Magical embossing folder.  I selectively decided which areas to stitch and then stitched the indented side of the panel.

This is a fun way to add a whole new layer of detailing to your layouts and papercraft projects!

Comments

Way to go Michelle - love the effect the stitching gives, and it is a brilliant idea to stitch 'in the groves'!!
Blessings
Maxine
wow gorgeous layouts !!!!
Paula
Kristine said…
WOWZERS!! Oh I'm so loving your new folders and this stitching technique. Adds that extra personal touch. LOVE EM!! *Ü*

Popular Posts