Two Prickley Pear Cards for Monday!

I have a few more Prickley Pear cards to share today. I was in a *challenging* mood today...so did the Sunday Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS. I used this card from hobbydujour's gallery as my inspiration. I had to change three things...so here is what I did!

1. I replaced the ribbon with the paper piecing

2. I replaced the butterfly with dragonfly brads

3. I used the glitter and acetate technique on a Prickley Pear transparency rather than copics for the floral image.

I stuck the transparency to a sheet of double stick tape and then glittered the back with Art Institute's Fauna transparent glitter. I then ran a piece of ivory cardstock through a Xyron so that it would appear similar in color to my BasicGrey designer paper from the Green At Heart collection.

I have been wishing for this Martha Stewart punch for some time now...and finally caved...this is it's first appearance on my blog! I stamped the verse from the Clearly Beautiful Cardinal Set.
This card features three images from the Clearly Beautiful Cardinal Set and the Dandelion Bunch.

This card was done for the SCS Saturday Inspiration Challenge where we were challenged to pick an item from Tandenberg as an inspiration for my card. I chose this candle. Check out the little bird on the flourish behind my cardinal...it matches the candle perfectly! I made my card an acetate card to reflect the candle holder.

Comments

Kathy and Lucky said…
Both cards are just beautiful, love all the glitter in the first as well as how you have used paper piecing.
Shelly Schmidt said…
This is very cool- I love the white and black on Kraft.....think I have this one too......

Popular Posts