I've been on a mission to stock up on cards for various occasions, it's nice to be able to grab a card and mail it when needed!
This first card uses some fabulous designer paper that looks all distressed and worn. I added the light house image from From The Heart Stamps and some Candi Dots as my only embellishment. Image is colored with Copic Markers.
This image is one from Stampin' Up that has been in my stash for a while. Today I ran across the perfect MME designer paper, added a touch of seam binding and some Candi Dots and I was set.
This final card is a simple one using images from Stampin' Up that is classic and simple. A touch of distressing is the perfect touch. The image and cardstocks are Navy Blue, not black as the photo suggests. I liked the less harsh color.
Had some requests recently for some Anniversary cards, so what to do but sit down and make a slew?
This one uses some embossed designer paper from bin and other bits and bobs from around my stamping area. It's generic in nature, so could be a wedding card as well.
This features a Stampin Up set and the addition of a Peddler's Pack sentiment and some seam binding. A touch of distressing makes everything a bit more interesting!
This one features a cut out from KandCompany that has been laying around here for a bit. I added Glossy Accents to the buttons and added a butterfly and lace for this card. The anniversary sentiment is from Inky Antics.
Today's card features a glittery web featuring the September Cute and Spooky Creative Cafe Kit.
I stamped the web image with some Scrap Happy Glue on another piece of acetate I rescued on it's way to the landfill. I let it sit while I went and washed off my stamp with warm soapy water. I then came back and covered my glue-stamped image with Black Licorice You're So Fine Glitter.
To prepare my black window frame I cut a black panel 5 1/4 x 4 inches.
On the back I drew a 2 5/8 x 2 7/8 inch rectangle.
The margins will be 3/4 inch down from the top and 11/16 inch on each side.
Cut out the window with a craft knife.
When the glitter and glue are dry, stamp your little spiders with Stazon ink onto the back of the acetate web piece. The glitter will go towards the card and the spiders will be on top.
Add your little gems for the spiders' bodies.
Attach the completed acetate piece with Scor-tape to the back of your frame.
Then attach the window piecce to your A2 sized purple panel with foam tape. This gives your web dimension off of the card and casts shadows!
As a final touch you can add the sentiments popped up on foam tape and add a ribbon.
I have been picking up some fabulous friendship quotes lately from Stampers Anonymous. The flowers on this card are from Art Gone Wild. The background was one I stamped years ago with Stampin Up! stamps. I've been on this cleaning binge...and this one was too pretty to leave sit.
This quote is one from Inky Antics. Love the beautiful font. The background is one that I stamped up years ago with Stampin Up! images. This is a baby wipe technique where you use reinkers and wet wipes to create your own ink pads. I would have used the orange and blue inks on the wet wipe for the flowers. The leaves were done with the rock n roll technique where you ink up the image and then just roll the edges on a darker ink pad to vary the colors.
Here is another Stampin' Up background that was in my stash. I added distress inks in Brushed Courduroy and Gathered Twigs. The flower and leaf stamp dies are by Prickley Pear.
Jackie shared some of my cards on the Inky Antics Blog today:
Acrylic blocks have been around since before I started stamping in 1996.
(Yep, I'm dating myself here!) They've always been useful as a
temporary mount for rubber dies, and then with polymer stamps when those
came onto the scene many years later.
However, it wasn't until fairly recently that we started seeing them
being utilized as a "stamp" of sorts themselves. Somebody got the
brilliant idea to ink up their acrylic block and put it to paper, with
likes this technique because "it is very quick and easy and
beautiful...I tapped the distress pads on my long acrylic block before
spritzing with water and stamping on watercolor paper."
You can find a step-by-step tutorial here, which outlines the process she followed using 11069SC Soaring Eagle Clear Set to make this card:
"For other [cards]," continues Michelle, "I dragged the ink pad through
the inked blocks for contrast." Here's an example created with 11073SC
Shining Lantern Clear Set:
I have some fall cards to share with you today...all featuring images from Inky Antics. The images on these cards are from the HoneyPop sets, but note that you do not have to make HoneyPOP cards if that is not your thing.
Papers on this card are from Darcies Papers.
Papers on this card are also from Darcie's Papers.
The chevron paper is from Darcie's papers on this card...the other paper is from my scrap bin.