Floral Butterfly!

This card started out for a shaped card challenge...this is a butterfly template that is from looooonnnnngggg ago....D.O.T.S. days! When I got about half done I remembered I recently picked up the Beautiful Butterfly Sizzix Die! I'll have to play with this idea again with that shape!

I also have been cutting out these beautiful flowers from Fred, She Said Designs....and somehow they ended up on my butterfly card!! These beauties come in a collection of *14* colors! These are the Polka-Dotty Flowers, and I love them! I didn't do a thing but cut them out and score and fold each petal by pinching each petal together, and the same for the leaves. Pop them up on some foam for a bit more dimension!

The smaller glittered butterfly is the opening *card.* The antenna are stuck into foam tape that is between the *card* and the larger shaped panel. Thanks for stopping by and takin a peek!

Cardstock: American Crafts, Baby Collection, Little Bo Peep
Glitter: Art Institute Crystal Transparent Glitter
Flower Pins: Making Memories
Glitter Dots: Dress It Up!
Alphabet: American Crafts, Thickers, Sprinkles
Butterfly Punch: Martha Stewart

Comments

Bonita Rose said…
so beautiful.. I am gonna be printing some of the colored flowers too.. just have to go to office max and pay.. don't have a colored printer at home??
Donna said…
Wow Michelle, this is truly beautiful, love how you've made the card, and using the flowers as the centre of the butterfly was an ingenious idea. And the red and green look fabulous against the pink and white polka dot paper. Glad to be working with you as a fellow teamie on FSS.
hugs
Donna
Maria Matter said…
Oh, Michelle, you so Rock! This is beautiful! I love that you used the flowers for the center of the butterfly! Absolutely Beautiful!!!!
I'm so enjoying the dahlia's that I haven't even downloaded anything else from the store yet...but I'm lovin' these polka dot flowers!!!
Great job!
Blessings, Maria
Kendra said…
Wow... I adore this card, it's absolutely beautiful, no, stunning!
Rita said…
Wow...stunning card!
Kim said…
Michelle that is gorgeous hun! What a beautiful shape card and I love those flowers! AWESOME work hun!!!
Hugs~ Kim
Leslie said…
Beautiful and creative! Love it!
Jacquel said…
Beautiful card and love the shape! awesome work & tfs!!!
WOW!! This is gorgeous! Where does the card open? I remember D.O.T.S days! Ü I love their CTMH catalogs. So full of sketch inspiration.
Beautiful butterfly card, Michelle! Great idea to add the flowers ;)
LORi said…
So pretty!!! Love the flowers of course, but I am a Polka Dot freak!!!!
Lovely card! You did a great job (:

Popular Posts