Friday, September 27, 2013

Some Odd Girl Birthday Ensemble

mp 9.27.13.3
Hi there! It's MarkerPop on my today with a fun little birthday ensemble I worked up for my daughter's birthday next month! I decided to work with the Some Odd Girl set Owl Days! mp 9.26.13.2
Some of the supplies I gathered up...Washi Tape of course....and some toilet paper tubes. My kids had a hoot emptying off 2 rolls for me! Thankfully there wasn't much left on them...but the inside of my house got papered! *wink!*
 mp 9.26.13.1
Then I colored up this fun troupe of owls....how sweet are they in their various shades of color?! mp 9.26.13.3 
You might say I used a pile of Copic markers!! mp 9.27.13.4 
I made up some napkin rings with the toilet paper rolls... I got 3 per roll. I covered the rolls with 3 strips of Washi Tape and then added an owl over the seam of the tape. I tied some sheer ribbon around the ring to give each plate presentation a bit of feminine fluff! mp 9.27.13.1 
I added some of the owls to some ribbon and oval die cuts to make a fun hanging centerpiece over the table.
 mp 9.27.13.2 
Each ribbon is a different length and the owls hang at varying heights. mp 9.27.13.5 
Finally here is a card I made up for her, pairing up the images with papers from Theresa Collins Family Stories collection.

Do you make birthday ensembles for your celebrations?! I'd love to see your creativity!

2 comments:

MaxineD said...

These are gorgeous Michelle - what a wonderful party theme and beautifully executed.
Blessings
Maxine

chillin with Quillin said...

wow awesome theme, love how you colored the owls, there so adorable !!!!!
Paula