Roots and Wings...

Roots and wings...that seems to be on my mind these days...seems like yesterday the kids were babies...and now I have one finishing up middle school!  I know these last four years or so are going to FLY by!  We are busy making memories!!  Today's Rubber Cafe Love Makes You Family Creative Cafe Kit was again my focus with it's adorable owl images and that famous quote.

The blue shimmer card base is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches, and the patterned paper is 4 x 5 1/4 inches.

I created a ribbon-woven background by cutting a piece of cardstock 3 x 4 1/2 inches.  Then I simply taped a piece of the ribbon in the kit along one edge and continued to alternate them across horizontally.  Next I put the ribbons in the same color order and repeated the process along a vertical edge.  Then I wove the pieces over and under in a basket weave manner until I reached the opposite edge of the cardstock and secured the tails on the back.  This panel is popped up with foam tape.

I stamped and colored the images with Copic markers.  The flowers and owls are stamped on white cardstock and are fussy cut.  The verse is stamped on kraft cardstock measuring 1 1/2 x 1 inch.  The home is stamped on a piece of the blue glimmer cardstock measuring 3 5/8 x 1 3/8 inches.  I stamped this image with Stazon ink and then carefully colored it with Copic markers, taking care not to touch the stamped image and cause smearing.

www.inspirationblooms.blogspot.com
Supplies:
Cardstock, Designer Paper, Stamps, Ribbon: Love Makes You Family Creative 
Copic Markers
Foam Tape
Scor-Tape

Comments

What a gorgeous fun card Michelle - love that owl family. Yes the years do fly by, so enjoy the next generation while they are still with you. Mine have come back with their children, so we are enjoying them too.
Blessings
Maxine
Very creative. It's a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing!

Popular Posts