Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Digital Tuesday 29 - Winged Things!

This week's Digital Tuesday Challenge hostess is Lorraine, and her challenge was *things with wings!* We could use a fairy, bird, airplane or anything else that has wings.

Our sponsor this week is Sassy Studio Designs who are offering the winner 4 of their digital images. We hope you can play along, be sure to read all about it and link your project here.

My project is a gift card holder. It features Fred, She Said's Flutterbys for your Flowers! I layered my card on a scalloped panel from Archiver's. The designer paper is a freebie from Fred, called Pink and Mellow. It is faux stitched to the panel, and I created a faux stitched pocket that has been Cuttlebug Embossed with Swiss Dots and taped with red-lined tape. I colored the butterfly with Copic Markers and Spica Glitter Pens. The butterfly punches are Martha Stewart's and are adorned with nailheads by Mark Richards. The pink scalloped panel is a digital freebie from Fred called Pink and Mellow, which I just love. For Someone Special is by Denami Design.
The insert slides easily behind the butterfly panel and covers the gift card you can also tuck in there.....or money.....or a note....you pick!

12 comments:

Julie said...

this is so pretty!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Michelle this is another stunner I am so proud to be working with you girls at DT. I adore this design and the colours are my fave that butterfly you have coloured perfectly

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kim Nath said...

So beautiful and so super cool!

Carolivy said...

A very stunning piece of work Michelle! I love the whole concept! Must try this idea! Love your color combination too!
Hugs
Carol

Maria Matter said...

Michelle, this is so lovely! Never saw a card holder like this! You must make a Christmas one so I can CASE it! lol Love it!!!
take care
blessings, Maria

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

ooooh Beautiful, Michelle! .. and very cool, love the concept!

Hugs, Fred

Lori said...

Wow! What a beautiful card...love the brown/pink combo; it has such a fresh look to it while still being warm and fuzzy.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOWZERS!!!!! This is so gorgeous!
I see your green grass. We are suppose to get 3" of snow!

LORi said...

So pretty Michelle!!

Catherine said...

What a lovely & innovative way to give a gift card! Love the texture & colors!

Kim said...

Michelle what an adorable gift card holder! I love what you have created! AMAZING work hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Carol said...

Michelle...just stopping by to leave a little love for my DT members. This is a l
ovely design. So pretty and really yummy colors. Fabulous job! Keep up the great work.

Carol
FSS-DT
MMSC-DT