Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Digital Tuesday ~ Pretty Punches!

It's my week to choose the Digital Tuesday Challenge...and my challenge is to use punches on your projects!

I chose to use the Blue Blossom Kit set from Tracey-Lynn at Fred, She Said Digital Designs.

I printed the designer paper out in the 3x5 inch size and then pieced the background. For the flowers, I printed the pre-colored set out in the 5x7 inch size. I folded each petal and some of the leaves over my craft knife blade for some added dimension.

I made a butterfly out of one of the flowers by omitting a petal, adding some antennae and a few nailheads for the body.

I used the Martha Stewart Cherry Blossom punch to border my card. I used a die from the Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Accents set to frame my sentiment. The sentiment is from Printworks. The glitter brads are from SU!

We hope you play along...this is a fun challenge....a great excuse to dust off those punches you have in your drawers! Please post your work HERE...one lucky winner will receive some free images!! Good Luck!

9 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

gorgeous! I'm glad there is YOU too!! Ü

Gail S. said...

What a pretty, happy card! This would make the recipient smile :)

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Michelle!
hope you're doing well hun!
hugs & blessings

anne said...

this is stunning.. love the colors and the the little details... -anne-

Rebekah said...

How creative...flower to butterfly! Neat!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a pretty card. Your butterfly is so creative!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

This is a lovely blog! So, we have the same taste in our blog theme!!! I love your work! Your painting is stunning!!! I have never worked with copics, I usualy paint my stamps with water pencils! But you do a great job! Congrats!

Shawne said...

That is gorgeous, thoswe flowers are amazing!

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Pretty and perky! I love the sentiment too! ... and how you made the butterfly ;)