And The Eagle Flies....

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!  We enjoyed another four day weekend a mere 3 days after returning from vacation!  We got lots of things caught up at home...and enjoyed a really quiet Sunday!

Today's card is for Prickley Pear and continues my paper safari....today we have the FF0020 Eagle!  I decided to do him up with a technique that I haven't done on my blog for a while....Vellum Embossing! 

I stamped the image with Stazon on some vellum that has a slight *cloudy* pattern.
I flipped the image over on a foam pad and using an embossing stylus, rubbed the back of the vellum, gently pressing. The heat turns the vellum white and streatches the fibers of the vellum so you get a raised embossed effect.  Make sure that as you do this you are following the natural lines of the image....because you will see the lines.  You want them to look like feathers in this case!!
Finally I colored the back-side of the vellum with a Copic Marker to add the beak color.  You do not emboss this portion.
Attach glue dots behind inked areas on the eagle.

Papers are by My Mind's Eye.  I stamped the  CC0048 Star and Swirl twice to frame my image.

Be sure to stop by the Prickley Pear blog to see what the other girls have been up to!

Comments

Imke said…
Stunning card, Michelle. Everything fits so great together- love it.
WOW - this is a stunner Michelle - love the way you have 'created' the textured feathers.
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts