A Whole New World!

OOoh, it's a fun thing when you get to explore a whole new world!  I am busy on a few different fronts...learning new things and expanding my crafty borders! 

New in my crafty studio is a new sewing machine!  You have seen lots of paper embroidery on my blog...and I do love doing it by hand....but I am going to love the convenience of using a machine for simply sewing layers on cards.  There are a wealth of fun stitches that I can't wait to try out....and today's cards show two of them!

This birthday card features images from Designed2Delight.    These images don't appear to have been rolled over to the From The Heart Stamps Store as of yet.  I adore both images and decided today they belonged together on this card.  The birthday sentiment is an old Stampin Up one...from 1999!  I love that some stamps just never grow old!

You can see the fun row of asterisk stitches here.  I was testing my machine on paper and they were too cute to toss....so I trimmed them out and popped them on the card as an accent piece!

Images are colored by Copic Markers. 


My second card features this awesome JJ0014 Lighthouse stamp from Prickley Pear.  I lifted the color scheme from a card Heidi did...it is so pretty.  The sky is done with distress inks and the edges were masked so they stayed crispy white. 

The background paper is Birdsong Digital Paper from Studio313 at McMahon Five Designs.  You can see the funky stitch I used here to attach it to my card.  A bit of May Arts Jute finishes off my card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Oh what lovely cards Michelle - and what a fabulous thing to have a new machine - mine has just died :-(.
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts