All You Need Is Ice Cream Ribbon Slider!

Today I am sharing some images from The Rubber Cafe...we spotlighting some of our favorite sets that are in the store.   What brings a smile to the face more than the tinkling music of an ice cream truck?  We have one in our town...and while we have better ice cream in our freezer....the music always reminds my kids to ask if they can have a frosty treat!  

For today's card I chose the Fun In The Sun set.  I decided to make a ribbon slider card for this adorable little image!
My folded white cardstock measures a bit smaller than usual at 5 1/2 inches wide by 3 1/2 inches tall and set it aside.

I cut a piece of turquoise cardstock to 5 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches.  I cut a piece of designer paper to 5 1/4 x 3 1/4 inches tall and matted it on the .  I used designer papers from Doodlebug's Sunkissed 6x6 paper pad.  I matted the designer paper on the teal cardstock panel as shown. 

To create the ribbon slider, I used a metal edged ruler and cut 2 horizontal lines 4 3/8 inches long, 3/8 inch apart, 1/2 inch from the bottom of the panel.   Next cut 2 vertical lines about 1/8 inch from the ends of the horizontal slits. 

I cut the summertime element out and matted it on  cardstock measuring 2 1/8 inches square and attached it to the card as shown.    I cut a 13 inch piece of ribbon and got a 1 5/8 inch piece of white cardstock.  You will fold this piece in thirds as shown.  Next weave it through the horizontal slits you made and lay your ribbon over the horizontal slits you prepared and attach the paper flaps to the center of your ribbon with Scor-tape.  This will provide the base that you will attach the truck to.

Weave your ribbon ends towards the back of the panel through your vertical slits, as shown.  You are now ready to attach this panel to your prepared white folded card.  Just remember not to put tape or glue over the area where the ribbon slides through. 
 
Finally, you can decorate the card with stamped images from the set and paper pack.  I used copic markers to color my images.

www.inspirationblooms.blogspot.com
Supplies:
Stamps: Fun In The Sun Clear Set
Paper: Bazzil Cardstock, White Cardstock, Doodlebug Sunkissed
Ink:  Memento Black Tuxedo Ink Copic Markers
Adhesives: 3D foam squares,  The Rubber Cafe'-Scrap Happy Glue
Embellishments:  Ribbon
Other: Ruler, Craft Knife, Cutting Mat

Comments

What a fun card Michelle - and thanks for the construction details.
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts