Happy Howlidays!


Oh my, I must tell ya, if you make a ribbon slider card....you will probably make another...and another!  I couldn't help but make a slider with this adorable image from the L-1291
Hearts of the Season Clear Set.

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on white cardstock and colored the image with Copic Markers.  I fussy cut the image, leaving a narrow white border around it .

I used paper from the Echo Park The Story of Christmas 6x6 paper pad and cut along the snow line to create a scene as shown.  I attached the  5 1/4 x 3 inch piece of patterned paper to a green cardstock panel measuring 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.

To create my slider I cut two parallel slits 5 inches long that are 7/8 inches from the bottom of the cardstock and 3/8 inches apart.  Then, at the end of the 5 inch slits, cut a perpendicular slit 1/8 inch from the ends that is 5/8 inch long on each end of the card.  Insert 18 inches of green seam binding through the slits towards the back of the panel as shown.

To make this ribbon slider more sturdy I made to little loops with the white cardstock scraps, one to put behind the rein-dog and one for behind the wagon/sleigh.  Tuck the loop under the parallel slits that you cut and around the ribbon and attach to the ribbon with ScorTape as shown.  Make sure you adjust them so that there is one hidden behind each half of the image.  Attach your image to your ribbon slides with ScorTape.

I used embellishments from a Doodlebug embellishment kit to decorate my ribbon which I tied a knot in each end.  A few sequins and snowflake punches add some snow detailing.  I created a tiny banner with a sentiment from the set as shown.

Finally to add a bit more sparkle and fun I cut a strip of Scor-Tape that is 1/2 inch wide and covered it with You're So Fine Silver Medal Glitter.  I topped it with a piece of white flocked ribbon to mimic snow.

You can attach this panel to an A2 folded card, just remember not to put adhesive where the ribbon needs to sneek through so that your ribbon slider works!!

I hope you have enjoyed my second ribbon slider card.  You'll have to wait until next week to see if I am done with the spree just yet!

www.inspirationblooms.blogspot.com

Supplies:
Stamps: Hearts of the Season Clear Set
Paper: Bazzil Cardstock, White Cardstock, Echo Park; The Story of Christmas
Ink:  Memento Black Tuxedo Ink Copic Markers
Adhesives: Scor-Tape, The Rubber Cafe'-Scrap Happy Glue,
Embellishments:  Ribbon, You're So Fine Silver Medal Glitter
Other: Ruler, Craft Knife, Cutting Mat

Comments

What a stunning and sweet card Michelle
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts