Best Wishes Cupcake!

Oh, and it is one final glittery cupcake for me....it has been such fun making up this glittery batch of goodness using the March Creative Cafe KOTM called - Special Celebration.

The base if this card is the navy cardstock measuring 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.  Next I selected the green and gold foil dot paper from the My Mind's Eye paper pad in the kit and cut it to 5 1/4 x 4 inches.
 TIP:  Look at the paper to create your own elements like I did for the banner.  I cut out a strip of the foiled triangles to use across the bottom of the card measuring 3/4 x 4 inches.  I matted that on navy cardstock measuring 1 x 4 inches.

I created the banner by cutting out various triangles as shown.  I added the larger triangles to the card with foam tape and then the smaller ones with a bit of Sheer Glue.  I cut out a few extra gold mini triangles to embellish my border strip a bit more. 
Next I stamped my image on acetate with black Stazon ink.  Once dry, I flipped it over and added the glue to the word cupcake and then glittered it with the Hanukkah Blue You're So Fine Glitter.

Then I carefully added glue around the word cupcake and added the silver glitter.  I repeated the process with the copper glitter for the frosting and the gold glitter for the flame.

Once dry, I fussy cut the cupcake leaving a narrow border.  I stamped the cupcake on white cardstock and cut it out on the lines.  This I attached behind the glittered cupcake with scor-tape.  This makes for a more sturdy and opaque element for your card.  I added the cupcake to the card with foam tape.

Best wishes is stamped on a piece of white cardstock measuring 2 x 7/8 inches which I cut banner tails on.  The sentiment is also attached to the card with foam tape.

One last touch with the Glaze pen included in the kit was to place a bit of faux stitching around the sentiment banner and I traced the larger white triangles on the banner and border for an added little somethin' somethin!

www.inspirationblooms.blogspot.com
Supplies:
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe'- Special Celebration set #eatcake
Paper: The Rubber Cafe' KOTM--MME On Trend 2, Navy Cardstock, White Cardstock
Ink: Stazon; black, The Rubber Cafe' KOTM Glaze Pen
Other Supplies: Acetate, Tiny Detailer Kit

Comments

Maire Gamber said…
Your cupcake card and technique are great! Beautiful job!
Marie
Another gorgeous glittery creation Michelle. A lovely card
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts