Prickley Pear Blog Hop Release Party ~ Day 1 ~ Dreamy Dragonflies!


If you are blog hopping, and have arrived from Amy's blog, you are in the right place!! If not, you will want to start at the beginning and visit Nicole's blog so you don't miss a thing!
Today we are sharing some of the new Prickely Pear stamps that will be released at CHA 2011!
These images will be added to the store this weekend!

We are hosting four days of blog hops....think of all the stamping goodness in store! Prickley Pear is releasing new clear sets of stamps with matching dies as well as a beautiful release of vintage valentine red rubber images!

Join us each day as we will have a different set we are featuring ~ today it's Dreamy Dragonflies! We are playing a new game this time around. Each DT member will be featuring a letter in their post. Visit our blogs, find our letter, put the word together and e-mail the word to service@prickleypear.com. A winner will be chosen for each day of the blog hop!
This clear set features 13 stamps. There are four different dragonfly images in the set featuring flowers, text, music and a basic dragonfly. There is also the lovely tag image that I stamped my sentiment in as well as 3 different sentiments and the word *you* to make each one more personal! There are some antennae and a ladybug image as well. The die that coordinates with this set includes the dragonfly as well as the ladybug...so you it makes cutting them out a breeze!
For my card, I stamped the dragonfly on white cardstock randomly to make a subtle background. I then ran the panel through the Victoria Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and added some faux stitching and distressing.
My dragonfly is stamped on acetate and is glittered for an irridescent effect. For this technique I did not use the die, but if I were using cardstock I could have.
Check out that circle die! It perfectly frames my sentiment tag! LOVE! I further framed the sentiment by using the smallest of the Little Stacker Scallop Circle Nesting Dies by Dies Direct. I punched a smaller circle in each one to make a larger lacey border!
Your next stop on the Dreamy Dragonflies hop is Angelica's blog! The letter you need to take with you is M ~ thanks for hopping by!
You also might want to check out this post....there is more sweetness being offered from me!

Comments

coldwaters2 said…
Hi Michelle I am not on the hop at the moment but just had to say that I love this card the embossing, sentiment and dragonfly look wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Angelica Turner said…
Michele, your card is adorable, love the color combo you have picked. Great job.
TesaB said…
GORGEOUS!!!! I'm all with Lorraine here, great colors too!!!!
Lillian Child said…
What a fabulous card creation!
Rebekah said…
Love your background with embossing and stamping combined. :)

Popular Posts