Sunday, January 2, 2011

What Inspires Me To Stamp and The Rubber Cafe

Today's card is for The Rubber Cafe. My card features the Large Jar stamped on acetate with black Stazon ink. I also stamped the Love Bugs in the jar image and applied glitter to the back side of the acetate; reminiscent of fireflies in a jar! Setiment is from the Just My Type set. Papers are from Bo Bunny Crush Collection.
The design team has been asked to share what inspires us to stamp this week! I created the collage above to show you what inspires me to stamp!

I have been stamping for 17 years...I started out in a shoebox when we lived in a tiny one-bedroom apartment as newlyweds. Over the years, my showbox has grown into a hobby I never imagined! What inspires me to stamp is all the stamping goodness that occupies my little corner of our basement family room.

I love flowers! I love ribbons! I love copic markers! I love pretty paper! I love stamps! I love color! I love that I can take all of these things and combine them into something unique! I love that the hobby that relaxes me and keeps my mind busy also makes other people happy when they get happy mail in their boxes! I love it when I can show someone that they can stamp too, or teach them a technique they never knew!

5 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

okay, need more detail. LOL!What are the boxes in the bottom pictue? I love your colorful corner.

Lucky Girl said...

The little love bugs are so absolutely adorable. The glitter technique looks fabulous! :)

Fiona said...

Those happy little bugs make me think of summer! Anything that brings a smile to someone's face has to be good, doesn't it. Happy new year to you!

Shazsilverwolf said...

Those bugs are so cool- and I love your inspiration collage

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I do love this Michele that large jar with the top and those bugs look totally ACE.
hugs
Lorraine x