Thursday, August 28, 2014

Vellum Embossing with the August Creative Cafe Kit!

I have had so much fun playing with the August Creative Cafe Kit!  For my last card this month I used a fun Vellum Embossing Technique and added a touch of dimension to my leaves to create this fabulous tag card!


As we did on an earlier card, these leaves were stamped on the green designer paper from the MME pad and then color was added with YG46 and YG43 for interest.  We fussy cut the leaves.  For this card you will be folding the leaf over your scissors blade, right down the middle to give the leaf some dimension!


Next we are going to stamp the flower image onto white vellum (not included in kit) with stazon ink.
Let dry.


Flip your dry images over onto a foam pad.  Using an embossing stylus, gently rub every other section of the flower petals until they stretch and turn white as shown.

Color the flat sections that you did not emboss with Copic B97.


Flip your image back over to the *right* side.  If you wish to tone down the white, you can color it carefully with a Copic B45.  Just be careful not to touch the stazon or you will have a bleeding issue.


Fussy cut your flowers and attach to your tag with glue dots under the center of the flowers.  I added a sunflower gem on my flowers for added dimension and interest.


I stamped the little black flowers onto the Bazzill Bling paper with Stazon ink.  I embellished the center of each with a dot of glue and then the gold glitter.


My tag measures 4 1/2 x 2 1/8 inches.  I free handed the corners and hole punch, but if you have a tag in your stash, go ahead and trace it!.


I hope I have inspired you to give this technique a try!  I have enjoyed my month as Guest Designer with The Rubber Cafe!

I am also entering this card in the Southern Girls Challenge which is texture!



Supplies:
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe' - Creative Cafe' Kit -Gold 'n Glitz
Paper: The Rubber Cafe' - Creative Cafe' Kit -Gold 'n Glitz;  My Mind's Eye -Market Street 6x6 pad, Bazzill Bling, Gold, white
Ink: Memento Black Tuxedo; Copic Markers, Stazon Black ink
Adhesives: Dimensional 3d Pop-dots, glue
Embellishments:  Green Rayon Ribbon; Queen and Co. Bling adhesives

2 comments:

Maxine D said...

WOW Michelle this is stunning - love how you have used the vellum and the leaves, and the wee flower border is perfect.
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara Thompson said...

Love this technique Michelle!