Blog Candy Heads Up & Unmounted Stamp Storage System
Tell her I sent you!!!
A few *yesterdays* ago I said I would show you how I store some of my unmounted stamps. I never thought I'd consider stamping with unmounted images since I *love* my wood mounted ones....but things change sometimes I guess!!
There are just SO many images out there...and I've run across some dandy deals....like the $1.00 images from Whipper Snapper that I've picked up at the Milwaukee stamp convention....I'm easily swayed I guess!!! LOL!
Storage for these images and some others I've picked up online has been a shoebox. That makes me nervous...especially when it comes to alphabet stamps. I lose things easily in my stacks of *stuff!*
I store most of my clear ones in the envelopes in a little basket:...and it's fine, but for the ones that I use more often I don't like the little envelopes. I store some of my rubber ones on EZ Mount, but some of them fling off the page on me and I don't care for that. I also find that I can easily tape most of my rubber images onto an acrylic block and stamp on a foam base and get a clear impression. I really hate mounting them on EZ Mount when I can do it this way for FREE....so I found these from Inque Boutique and decided to give them a try.
I don't plan on storing them in a binder since I have a nice spot for them on a bookcase shelf. I like being able to grab the page with the stamps I want and taking it to my stamp table. Right now I have them organized by company just because that is the way my brain works!! You could easily do it by theme if that makes more sense to you. I have 9 in my stack...but I think I could get almost 30 pages in that spot if I moved the blue binder. Now *that* idea I love!!
The company shows sticking the stamps directly onto the insides of the covers themselves. I decided to stick them to a sheet of acetate with doublstick tape. This allows me to see the images from the outside of the package, which I like. I sandwich a piece of white cardstock in between my acetate sheets so it appears less cluttered.
For the clear acrylic sets that I use often, I taped the printed sheets to the cover and this allows me to see them easier. There is room for at least one more set in this side of this one:
Hopefully all my blathering away hasn't bored you, but I love to see how others store things and thought I'd share my system....for now!!