Altered Decor

It's been a bit since I've had something to upload. This is for last Friday's Challenge over at Embellish-It Scrapbooking. I'm running late....but thought I'd share the project I made.
The letter is paper mache. I covered it with papers from BasicGrey's Boxer collection, Sandylion and The Paper Patch. I faux stitched each piece and then sanded the edges...looks just like well-loved jeans!

I was looking for a 3d embellishment that was not a flower for my son's initial....and came up with these 5 pointed stars. Check out the directions here.

The rub-ons are from BasicGrey, Makine Memories and others. The bottle cap alphabet was a gift from a secret sister. I'm not sure of the source of the star and screw brads. The chipboard stickers are from BasicGrey's Boxer Collection.

Thanks for stopping by....and feel free to join our challenge...I'd love to see what you make!!


Comments

Jacqueline said…
Hi Michelle, I wondered where you were!
ScrapMomOf2 said…
This is wonderful! Very nice! It reminds me of patriotic jeans! Fantastic!
love it! don't see many of these great gifts for a boy ... this one is great! hope he likes it :)
xiumaiyuki said…
Perfect for a boy! love all the embellishments!!!
Melissa said…
What a cute idea for a boys room!!!
Anonymous said…
How Wonderful! I personally love denim, I would live in it every day and every where if I could :) This is just a fantastic way to make an initial for a boy! The stars are just the right touch.
loretta said…
way cute! Love the denim look.
kathleenh said…
Oh how fabulous! I love the denim paper. It really looks great as the base for the rest of the embellishments. I especially love those little bottlecap letters!
Jan said…
I love it!!! I've been wanting to do one for my sons room and just couldn't think of what to add to it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Popular Posts