It Doesn't Matter What You Do....

It's time for the new The Rubber Cafe Creative Cafe Kit.  This month's kit is called Creative Christmas.  For my card I used images from the Christmas Is Coming Bonus Set.   

These images are so funny, they both look disgruntled, and the saying is perfect.  I decided to go with a shaker card and play with several of the You're So Fine Glitters.   The glitter is very fine and some of it stuck to my acetate window box, but it looks just like we are looking out of a window into a blustery winter day....no wonder they are both disgruntled!!

My kraft card base measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches.  I cut down the designer paper from the included paper pad to 4 x 5 1/4 inches.  I am using two Spellbinders sets of dies, the Classic Circles Large, of which I have used the 2nd largest die and the Large Scallop Circles set, of which I used the largest die. 

TIP:  I store my dies on a magnet attached to a white piece of cardstock and tucked into a CD sleeve.  It keeps the dies together, I have the set names and all of the dies neatly contained...and they take up a tiny footprint in my stamping studio. 

After I cut the large scalloped circle from the brown cardstock included in the kit, I then centered the circle die we used above and cut a frame!

Here you can  see that I cut a piece of acetate 3 3/4 inches square and attached it to the back of my green patterned paper frame with 1/4 inch Scor-tape. Then I attached strips of foam tape around the circle creating my shaker box.  Note how I block my corners with foam tape to keep the glitter contained a bit more. 

TIP:  I used a scoopy straw to scoop my glitter. 

I punched a 1 1/8 inch circle from the red cardstock and stamped my sentiments on each.  I then used a white gel pen to add detailing around the circles and then around my scalloped window frame on the card as shown.

I used the smallest scalloped circle from the Spellbinders Small Scallop Circles to cut from the brown cardstock.  I punched a 1 1/2 inch circle from the white cardstock and then ran some glue and Diamond Clear Cool Highlight You're So Fine Glitter around the edge.  I assembled these with foam tape. 

I ran a strip of Scor-tape across the bottom of the card and covered it with the Patriot Red glitter before attaching my sentiments to the card as shown.  My final touch was to add some dots of Scrap Happy Sheer Glue and Patriot Red glitter on the scalloped window frame for some added pop. 

www.inspirationblooms.blogspot.com
Supplies:
Stamps, designer paper, acetate: Creative Christmas
Glitter:   You're So Fine Glitters (patriot red, diamond clear cool highlight)
Dies:  Spellbinders Large Scalloped Circles, Spellbinders Circles Large, Spellbinders Circles Small
Scor-Tape: Scor-tape
White Gel Pen
Copic Markers
Scrap Happy Sheer Glue

Comments

What a fun card Michelle - the image is gorgeous, and the sentiments so true!
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts