Somebody is Coming to Town!

Ha! Look at this pup....what a fun little image from The Rubber Cafe! This is another  sweet image from the Creative Christmas Creative Cafe Kit. 

This image is from the Hearts of the Season Add-On set that is available this month.  I colored the image with Copic markers and then fussy cut it, leaving a narrow white border.    You know I'm nuts about cutting....and the trick is to use a really sharp scissors and turn the paper rather than the scissors.  This gives you more control and a smoother cut.  

This card measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches  The red panel measures 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches.  I did a bit of hand embroidery with Metallic DMC Floss (E703) to add a bit of sparkle and fun.

I used up scraps from a previous card I did with this kit.  The Spellbinders Scalloped Circle frame I trimmed to a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch square and then lined with a piece of designer paper the same size. 
I wrapped a piece of the enclosed ribbon around the base of the scalloped panel and stamped some snowflakes in white ink before attaching it to my prepared card. 

TIP:  Bend your clear stamps for fun effects on cards!  I bent the Santa Clause is Coming sentiment to match the curve of a 3 1/2 inch circle of kraft cardstock that I stamped with white snowflakes.  I love the way it ties my card together. 

I added a strip of the snowflake designer paper measuring 4 1/4 x 1 inch just above the ribbon and then mounted my fussy cut image on it with foam tape.
I added a bit of fun bling to my snowflakes with clear Jellie Dots and Glossy Accents.

www.inspirationblooms.blogspot.com
Supplies:
Stamps, Cardstock, Ribbon:  Creative Christmas Creative Cafe Kit
 Metallic DMC Floss (E703)
 Foam Tape
 Jellie Dots
 Glossy Accents

Comments

What a gorgeous card - love the stitching, and the way you have bent the sentiment to 'fit'.
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts