Let It Snow!

I had fun making this card for The Rubber Cafe.  The Creative Christmas Creative Cafe Kit had these adorable square sequins in it....and I was just itching to add them to a card with paper embroidery!

To make this card, I cut the silver cardstock at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.  I cut white cardstock at 5 1/4 x 4 inches and stamped it with the snowflakes in the Christmas is Coming set with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I then added some sparkle with the Stardust Gel Pen.

I embroidered the white cardstock to the silver cardstock with Silver Metallic DMC embroidery floss.  Next I embroidered the silver and white sequins across the top of the card and the red and green across the bottom of the card, varying the positions and colors/sizes as shown.  

 Cut a 2 x 4 inch strip of white cardstock and tear the top edge to mimic snow.  I added a 3/8 x 4 inch strip of Scor-Tape to the bottom of the white strip.  Add some You're So Fine Diamond Clear Cool Highlight Glitter.   Stamp Let It Snow from the Christmas is Coming stamp set on each side of the strip as shown with the Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  Attach the strip to your card with Scor-Tape and adhere the snowflake punch in the center and add a rhinestone if you have one handy.

Add a strip of the green ribbon from the enclosed ribbon pack with Scor-Tape as well.


Stamp the houses and trees on white cardstock and color with Copic Markers.  Cut out the images with a narrow white border.  Then attach them to the card by tucking the images under the torn edge.  I added foam tape to the houses, but that is optional.

My final touch was to add glitter to the rooftops with Scrap Happy Sheer Glue and a detailer.

I hope you enjoyed today's card, I know I had fun creating it!

www.inspirationblooms.blogspot.com
Supplies:
Stamps, Sequins, Ribbon, Cardstock:  The Creative Christmas Creative Cafe Kit
Stamps: Christmas Is Coming (optional set)
Markers: Copic
Ink: Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
Floss: DMC Silver Metallic Embroidery Floss
Punch: Martha Stewart Himalayan Snowflake Punch
Clear Rhinestone
Score Tape 
Your So Fine Glitter: Diamond Clear Cool Highlight
Scrap Happy Sheer Glue and detailer.

Comments

What a pretty card - love your little scene, and all the detail, right down to the sewn sequins.
Blessing
Maxine

Popular Posts