Faux Leather

After all the *girly* stuff I've been working on it felt good to do something more masculine! This technique is really pretty easy if you don't mind ripping up a bit of masking tape...I love the aged look it aquires with the distressing process. I followed Beate's tutorial on SCS, so for photos and every little detail, look here.

I tore the tape into smallish pieces like she suggested and taped them to an ivory piece of cardstock, but it doesn't matter since you cover the cardstock completely with the tape. Then I took my brown ink pad and how fun to watch it come alive! Then I used my versamark pad and embossed it with clear powder...viola....a very masculine looking panel.

The stamp is by Stampendous and I added color with my Primsmacolor pencils. Inked the edge of the stamped panel with artichoke and brown ink on a sponge. Taffeta ribbon is by SU! and the striped ribbon is by All My Memories. Square brad is by Making Memories and the buckle is from the Hodgepodge Hardware kit by SU!

Comments

Wow, great masculine card. So well done!

Thanks for sharing!

XOXOXO
Jean said…
This is fabulous, love that look!
Godelieve said…
Great card! Background technique and focal image are perfect together!
Lastel said…
Great manly card , nice job !
Alhambra Club said…
Awesome card, your coloring if fantastic, love it.
ScrapMomOf2 said…
WOW! This is just fantastic! The colors are so rich and warm. You did an amazing job with this card!
Laura lok said…
oh i love this technique haven't done it in ages though need to
Catherine said…
Awesome! Great guy card! Love how you used the 2 ribbons. Great coloring, too!
Hugs,
Catherine

PS-Thanks for the tip on the acetate - I'll have to get brave!
Crissy said…
Wow! This card is amazing! Perfect masculine card. The image is wonderful and you did an awesome job coloring it!
Unknown said…
This is just gorgeous, I love everything about it, wow

Hugs

Alex
SBS Sister xxxx
Anonymous said…
What a great card. I just love the background!
I really love this - its awesome!
Lori said…
This is fantastic! That's a perfect technique to turn to for a masculine card.
Lizette said…
What a beautiful background ! Nice job.

Popular Posts