Embellish-Online Friday Challenge and MMSC18 Sketch

I made this card for two challenges: Embellish-Online's 59th Friday Challenge: Leave it Alone and Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge 18.

Another BIG thank you to the team on the Midnight Madness blog for selecting my last challenge card for the Midnight Madness Remarkables Award! I really appreciate it and am totally enjoying your challenges!

The challenge at Embellish-Online.com this week was to Leave It Alone
Hostess: Suzy
Details: Create a card or layout inspired by one single leaf (or one sprig)

I decided that this Moon Pie desiger paper from Pink Paislee's Vintage Moon Collection fit the challenge. It has these fancy medallions of sprigs...and I used that as my focal point! Yes, I hand cut out each and every leaf and stem....I do enjoy cutting! I layered it on two nestabilities panels that I ran through Cuttlebug's Textile Embossing Folder before die cutting. It sorta smooshes the embossing, but it gives it a softer weathered look....the black looks like embossed leather!! I ran a Medici Marble Fresco Chalk Ink Pad over the ivory panel to distress it a bit and make the embossing pop. The copper embroidery floss perfectly matches the other designer paper I used from Pink Paislee's Vintage Moon Collection; Harvest Moon. Check out the rest of the fun collection HERE! The little pinwheels around the brads are from Paper Wishes and are the perfect style for this card.

I did alter the sketch a tad....I needed something on my corners, so added SU!'s photo corner punches that I embossed with Cuttlebug's Textile Embossing Folder. Thanks so much for taking a peek!

Comments

Phyllis said…
Awesome card. Love all your details. Great job of cutting!! Love the brads with jackets and the linen thread. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing with us this week. Look forward to seeing you next week too!!
Priscilla said…
Wow, I love your card.. All the hardware looks so great and this piece looks like it should be framed. I like how your bg paper, your leafs and nesties all go so well together.. JOB WELL DONE :) Thank you for playing again this week. It would not be the same with ou you :) Congratulations on your Remarkable awards.... If you keep going at this rate you will have no room on your side bar ;)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess
Out of this world AWESOME!!!
Michelle MMDT
Unknown said…
beautiful card, nicely done ;)
Beautiful Medallion in the center! The colors and the black flowers, everything matches so beautifully, Michelle. Great job! Thanks for playing this week with the MMSC :) xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT
Carol Hurlock said…
What a beauty! This is gorgeous with all the work you put into it. All the elements come together to make this a charming piece of artistry. Thanks for playing the MMSC challenge this week.

Carol
MMSC-GDT-September
Michelle said…
oh michelle this is GORGEOUS!

TFS!
michelle
Jacqueline said…
This is so pretty, especially love how you created the middle section - the colors are so perfect!
Pat (mspfd) said…
Fantastic! What a gorgeous, gorgeous, creation!
Michelle, this is absolutely gorgeous! What an awesome work of art!!
This is absolutely beautiful!! I love the colors!! Your hardware is the perfect accent. Awesome take on the MMSC this week. Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!

I have blog candy on my blog if you are interested!!
Sue McMahon said…
WOW! Is this pretty! I really, really think this is fabulous! Grea job on the sketch!! Thanks for sharing your talents with us this week and can't wait to see what you make next week!

Sue
MMDT
Catherine said…
O-M-Gosh, Michelle! This has to be one of *the* most beautiful vintage cards I have ever seen! LOVE the paper you chose and embellies. You are a CBing genius! This totally rocks!
julie said…
Michelle this is so pretty!

Popular Posts