MMSC75 and Card Pattern Sketch 86 with Prickley Pear!

This card took me many hours....and yes, that is hand stitching you see...my second pop at paper embroidery!! I think it adds a lot of character to the card!! I am entering this in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge 75...and I am so honored I was able to represent Prickley Pear on the Card Patterns Sketch Challenge 86 this week! I loved both sketches!!

The image is called Winter's Glow and is from the new Prickley Pear release. I couldn't wait to use one of my favorite techniques on it...glitter and acetate! I cut out the image and popped it up on foam tape for added dimension...and I love the little bit of shadow it makes!

Other items on this card:
~DMC embroidery floss
~Dress It Up glitter dot
~Martha Stewart punch
~BasicGrey designer papers.
~Art Institute Glitter
~Nestibilities

I absolutely love this card...thanks for the fun ladies!!!

Comments

TesaB said…
Ohhh, MY, Michelle!!! What a BEAUTIFUL card!!! Excellent stitching, loooove the borders!!!
Connie M. said…
Oh my, Michelle! This is just stunning! I so love all the details you have added to this card...amazing! Thank you so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! Hugs!

Connie
MMDT
Lovely Linda said…
Hello Michelle - it is great that you could join us this week at MMSC! I love your card - your detail are amazing - and so pretty! I love your main image and that adorable stitching - you are so creative - and patient! What a great take on the sketch - I am loving this!! We are glad you could join us for this weeks Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team
Michelle, this is absolutely stunning! WOWZERS!!
Carol Hurlock said…
Wow Michelle-that is stunning. What a beautiful array of embellishing and hand work. You have an eye for color and design that is uncanny. Just beautiful!!! Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team
Denise @ kc242 said…
What a lovely Christmas Card. Your candle image is beautiful, & goes wonderfully well with your dp! Your poinsettia is especially nice with the stitching. What a great take on the sketch challenge. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT
I also have blog candy if you are interested.
Valerie said…
Beautifully done. I love the candle image and the way you colored it.
Angelica Turner said…
Michelle, your card is amazing, I just love how you stamped the image on transparency and used the glitter, also love your stitching, something else to add to my "new techniques to try" list.
Art Glitter said…
The hand stitching is so wonderful! Thanks for sharing on our FB fanclub page!
Amy said…
This is soooo beautiful!! I love the stitching
Holly said…
This is one very beautiful card and I LOVE the stitching. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Midnight Madness!

Holly
MMSC-GD
tbk100601 said…
Very BEAUTIFUL card!! A well deserved win! Congrats!
Guro said…
Wow!!! What a pice of art:-) I love this; congratulations on your star; well deserved!!!
Guro
Shelly Schmidt said…
I love your style- your perfect touches with embellishments- and love the stitching. CONGRATS for the Midnight Madness win! Wahoo!!!
Sue said…
Your card is stunning. The image, the papers and the stitching are all so perfectly matched. Congratulations on winning the MMSC, well deserved! Nicely done.

Sue Drees

Popular Posts