Monday, October 25, 2010

Three Cardinal Cards!

Today I'm sharing three cards featuring the Clearly Beautiful Cardinal Set from Prickley Pear. A fun feature of this set is, if you are not a fan of cutting like I am, you can also purchase a matching die that will cut out each of the three cardinals in this set! If you are not a fan of coloring, stamp on designer paper, as I did here!

For this first card, I used papers from BasicGrey's Porcelain and Nook and Pantry collections. I did some faux stitching and distressing to add a vintage feel. All Hearts sentiment was a perfect fit for this layout!

Other items used on this card include Prima flowers and gems and Martha Stewart Punches.

This is a clean an simple version of the card above. I used different papers from the same collections. I added a touch of texture with a SU! embossing folder.

This card uses the same color scheme as the one I did the other day, however this is one that would be easier and more economical to reproduce. I substituted a Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die cut flower that I cut out of metallic grey paper for the metallic frame sticker. The circle behind the cardinal is punched out of a specialty coated cardstock. I rimmed the circle with a tiny gem strip from Mark Richards. Flowers are by prima and are layered over a snowflake die cut. I stamped the cardinal on designer paper again, and he has beautiful depth with a minimum of fuss!

5 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

All three are so beautiful. I do love the the music notes on the birds though.

KER said...

gorgeous cards

Anne Marie said...

All three are so gorgeous and so unique! Great accents on all of them and I love the idea of a matcing die cut for that stamp. I have to check that out! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, this is terrific. Love that cardinal and the fact that it comes with a coordination die... now how cool is that! Gorgeous creations!

Nancy said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous cards!