Timeless

I don't usually make cards in the 5x7 inch size....but this one just seemed to fall together that way! I used the cracked glass technique on an old SU! set. I stamped each on white cardstock: for the dragonfly I glittered his wings with glitter and glue. For the flower I added some color with chalks. Then I did the cracked glass technique...I did 4 layers of the ultra-think embossing powder. Then I placed the pieces in the freezer for a bit to ensure some sharp cracks. After cracking the pieces I rubbed ink into the cracks. Each piece is layered on colored vellum that has been torn along the bottom edge. Memories, Treasure and Timeless are from a huge set of words by Yvonne Albrighton and are stamped on twill ribbon. The large leaf is by Judikins and the nature verse is by Serendipity.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi, well here is another SBS2 sister dropping in to say hi!!!! lol
Alhambra Club said…
This is such a lovely card, that cracked glass technique is stunning.
My Paper World said…
Ooooh! I love that technique! it looks fabulous!
Anonymous said…
Very pretty. Love the glassed over look with the embossing powder, so pretty! -Samantha
Hi from another SBS2 member.

You have some beautiful work on your blog. Can't wait to see more.
kathleenh said…
Beautiful cracked glass card! Welcome to the SBS2. I look forward to getting to know you better!
Cheryl KVD said…
This card is absolutely beautiful!!!
This is an incredible layout. Worth doing the unusual size for: just lovely! :0) Mel
Catherine said…
A great new take on a classic SU stamp set - love it.

Popular Posts