Happy Mother's Day with The Rubber Cafe!


Happy Mother's Day!  Today I have a card to share for The Rubber Cafe.  This features a Tea Bag Folding fold called the Dahlia Fold and an image from the Grandma's Doilies set.  I used the lower left doily for my card.

Here is a tutorial in a photo for you! 

1.  I stamped the doily with a Blue Breeze Kaleidacolor pad eight times on some lightweight designer paper.  I chose to use one with white on the back because I like the contrast and wanted white to be my accent color.  I punched the image out with a 1 1/2 inch circle punch.

2.  Fold the circle in the same orientation in half both ways. (I drew lines so it was easier to see in the photos)

3.  Then using the same orientation, fold the two bottom scallops up as shown so they touch both the vertical and horizontal fold lines.

4.  Flip your piece over and then fold the straight edges to the center, and your piece is complete.
Repeat with the next seven pieces.  (Erase any pencil lines if you drew them)

5. Assemble your medallion.  I do this on some low tack adhesive at first so you can rearrange your pieces as needed.  Then you can apply a stronger adhesive and attach your medallion to your card.

I added a Making Memories brad to the center of my medallion.  I layered it on a Spellbinders Beaded Circle Die which I embellished with Candi. 

I stamped Mom from the Give Momma Some Love set and popped it up on foam tape.

Hug your mommas today if you possibly can.  We never dreamed last year on Mother's Day we wouldn't have another with my mother-in-law.  Treasure every moment!

Comments

Love the blue and white contrast, Michelle. I lost my Mother very suddenly, so I echo your words.
Blessings
Maxine
Unknown said…
This card takes me back! Love the kalidiscope [splg ?] look! ;o)

Popular Posts