Crop Stop Guest Designer Week #1


Whoot!  It has been a while, but today I am designing for CropStop! I will be Guest Designing for the month of February!    I have a happy little ensemble to share with you today featuring Couture Creations dies and embossing folder.
This first card features the Tatted Lace die.  I had never cut an intricate die on designer paper, so I gave it a shot here.  I then layered the die cut piece on a piece of pearlized cardstock for some glimmer.  I added a few pieces of Candi Dots and some Prima flowers for a happy spring card.
This die is quite large, and as I was considering that I decided it would make the perfect little goodie bag!  I die cut the die again on the same pearlized cardstock and then worked the paper so the triangle portions stood up around the square base.  I did not want a hard fold to crack the paper, so just gently worked the petals upwards with my fingers.

Then due to the lacy quality of the die, I decided I would like a liner.  I had some pink paper handy so I laid the die on the paper and holding the die firmly in place, tore around the edges as shown in the photo above.
Then I simply placed the liner inside of the lacy piece and ran a lacy ribbon through the corners of each die petal.  Stick your treat in the bag and tie the top shut with a pretty bow!

For my final card I used the Turkish Delight embossing folder.  I decided to try a crayon resist using the embossing folder and Distress Stain.

I colored the raised portion of the embossing folder with a white crayon and ran it through the Big Shot on a piece of glossy white paper.   As you can see in the photo of the card, the center piece is white and the distress stain only stuck to the embossed areas.   For the frame of that card I used the embossing folder with no crayon and then used the distress ink and there is no resist on the frame.
I washed my embossing folder with a shot of Goo Gone to cut the crayon wax and it is as good as new.

I used the Enlightenment die for my flower on this card.  I cut the die and then pierced the holes that are meant to release the die. 
Next I traced the die on the back of a pink patterned paper.  I then cut out the shape leaving a narrow border around it so it was slightly larger than my pencil lines.
Next I distressed the edges of the shape with the blade of my scissors.
Finally I stitched the flowers together with 3 strands of white embroidery floss.  Then I created a twirled twine circle for the center of my flower.  I punched a circle of cardstock and covered it with a circle of Scor-tape.  I punch a 1/8 inch circle in the center, feed my twine through and then add a glue dot to cover the hole I punched.  I tightly twirl my twine in a circle and then tuck the tail to the back.

I hope you found a bit of inspiration here today as I puttered my way through this fun ensemble!

Supplies:
Couture Creations Turkish Delight Embossing Folder
Couture Creations Tatted Lace Die
Shabby Shutters Distress Stain 
Candi Dots
Couture Creations Enlightenment Die
Couture Creations Pointed Stainless Steel Scissors
Scor-Tape

Comments

Wonderful projects Michelle - I love the way you made the little goodie bag.
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts