CropStop Guest Designer Day #3!


Hello there!  It's my third week as Guest Designer for CropStop!  Today I'm playing with the Couture Creations Sunflower Nesting Dies!  I made all three of the flowers shown above with the same set of nesting dies.

For my first card, I cut each of the dies out of patterned paper and then inked the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress inks.  I folded each petal tip and then layered the flowers, staggering the petal tips.  I gave the flower a home on the Couture Creations Magical Embossing Folder.  A twirled twine medallion and some Candi Dots are my only embellishments on this card.  


For my second card, I created petals and then rolled them around a paint brush handle to curl them.  The bottom layer is curled under and the rest of the layers are curled upwards.  I centered my flower with a Doodlebug Glitter Brad.  The embossing folder on this on is I Dream and is on Cor'dinations cardstock that has been sanded.   This card will be presented in a clear gift box due to the dimension of the flower!

Finally, this card features the same die, the same petal cutting, though in this case I scored and folded each petal down the center.  I alternated front and back of the designer papers for the pink and white effect.  I layered this flower on an embossed panel from the One World embossing folder.  

All of my sentiments are stamped in coordinating Distress inks. Butterflies are Martha Stewart punches.


Here is a photo of how I trimmed my die petals for the second and third cards...then it is just a matter of scoring or curling the petals to make your flowers.  

Supplies

Comments

WOW Michelle this is fabulous use of the die - love all the variations you have achieved both on the basket and the cards.:-)
Blessings
Maxine
Colleen said…
What great use of the die. Your flowers as well as the cards are just lovely
ColleenB.
Texas
stampingbowd said…
Wow! what a fun die set!!!! I love how you were able to create different looks with the one die set!!!

Popular Posts