Paper Piecing Card Duo

Today's card started from the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  The site for inspiration was Bed Bath and beyond, and I chose to be inspired by this quilt:

 http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/Triangle-Stripe-Quilt-100-Cotton/206183?categoryId=12018

I raided my scrap bin and cut 1 inch squares from various papers in red blue and then some with tan in as well.  For this card I cut the squares diagonally from tip to tip to form triangles which I then placed on a piece of white cardstock to resemble the quilt.

FF0123 Journey Awakens is a stamp from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps and could be loosely interpreted as on of the pillows on the inspiration photo.
My second card was born as cards often are on my desk from the leftover pieces.  I decided to base this card with a piece of designer paper in blues to warm it up a bit.  Then I was reminded of this Get Well Soon image that has been inked up and beribboned in my stamped image bin for years.  This card reminded me of a quilt, so maybe a get well sentiment was exactly what I needed to finish the card off.

Thanks for popping by!

Comments

Love these cards Michelle - the 'quilt' effect is fabulous, and I love the way the sentiments 'fit' with the cards they are on.
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts