Retro Prickley Pear ~ Glitter and Acetate Style!

This is one of two posts today, so scroll for more inspiration!
Hi there!  It's been a bit of a blog break here ....but I've been very busy with lots of projects that I will be posting this week!  LOTS of inspiration to come!

Today's card trio features Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.  They are all in the retro theme and feature the Glitter and Acetate technique.  Glitter just seems to be the perfect touch on holiday cards...and for these cards I used some suede glitter that Debbie Fisher sent my way in a RAK.  This is some fun stuff...love the velvety texture look it gives!

My first card features three images...
~It Came Without Ribbons which I stamped in black ink and popped up for some dimension.
~Ornament Bunch which I stamped with Stazon on acetate.  I then applied glue and glitters to the back of the acetate.  Once dry, I popped my acetate up with foam tape hidden behind the ornaments and snowflake.  It is a floating acetate window, and the shadows it casts are fun!
~Ornaments ATC which I embossed with silver detail embossing powder.


My second card features the Retro Holiday Tag, which I stamped in Stazon ink on Acetate.  I glittered the back and used it to frame the Retro Christmas Cat.  I stamped the cat on the cardstock and then did up his hat in glitter and acetate as well.   The sentiment is from the Clearly Beautiful Ornament 2 Set.
Last, but not least I used the same frame with a different color scheme and a different sentiment from the Clearly Beautiful Ornaments 2 set.  I stamped Kitty in Balloon on acetate and glittered it up, popping it up on foam tape for a floating effect as well. 

Hope you have been inspired with these retro cards!

Comments

Amy Johnson said…
Wow! I really love these cards! They are so unique and clever!
Michelle these are all fabulous - love the acetate and glitter combination!!
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts