Pyramid Gift Box ~ Rubber Cafe Style!

This week's challenge at The Rubber Cafe is to make treat/gift boxes.    I have also gone and gotten myself another addictive hobby....Pinterest!    I pinned this Pyramid Gift Box and just had to give it a go Rubber Cafe style!
For this project I used a cardboard base 3x3 inches and four triangles that have a 3 inch short side.  You can alter the height of your triangles as you wish, just make sure the long sides are equal in length.  I used two sheets of vintage sheet music, Scrap Happy Sheer Glue, One and Only Tapesilver You're So Fine Glitter and Leaf Swirls.

I stamped with glue onto my sheet music and covered with the glitter.  Let dry.
Next Tape the triangle bases to the square base and fold corners together.  If all fits, use tape or glue to adhere your sheet music. 

For this photo, I placed a battery-operated votive and a tiny candle wreath inside...you could leave one side off and make this a cute lantern as well!
Then pop a hole in each of the triangle peaks and thread some ribbon through.  I heated the tails of my ribbon with a heat gun to give it a vintage feel.  I also added some extra tails and melted those as well.
Here is a close-up of the glitter stamping. 

Hope you were inspired as I was! 

Comments

hmmm - these new addictions are popping up everywhere!!
Love this Michelle, and that ribbon is stunning.
Christmas blessings
Maxine
Gorgeous, love the ribbon!!!!
Paula
Love the vintage look! Pinterest is sooooo addicting!

Popular Posts