Fir Tree Green Tutorial!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  ...in the stores anyway!  *wink!*  

I was inspired by a recent shopping trip to make a tree using Spellbinders Dies and what else but Fir Tree Green You're So Fine Glitter and Scrap Happy Glue from The Rubber Cafe!
And what else for the top of the tree but the star from the Ornamental Holiday set!  I broke out the Silver Medal Glitter for the star!
 I love the curli q's that I got with the Spellbinders die cuts all blinged up!
 To make this project, I started with a 12x12 piece of lightweight cardstock.  You want it light enough that you can wrap it without it folding funky.  I used some One Of A Kind Tape to tape my seams securely.
In true Michelle fashion, I used my tape role and a Copic Marker to trace an even line around the inside of the cone so I could trim it evenly.
Next I thinned down the Scrap Happy Glue and painted about a million die cuts.  I then cut these pieces in half and adhered them to the tree with straight Scrap Happy Glue for maximum *stickage.*

It's great fun to see what is in the stores this time of year and think how you could DIY at home!

Supplies: You're So Fine Glitter, Scrap Happy Glue, One Of A Kind Tape
Other Supplies:  Spellbinders Ironwork Motifs Die
Paper: Creative Imaginations
Stamp Set:  Ornamental Holiday

Comments

Jackie Wamhoff said…
Wowzers, what an amazing project full of sparkly goodness, Michelle! You are so incredibl creative. :-)
Wow this is so inspirational Michelle - and what an original use of the die cuts!!
Blessings
Maxine
Wow this is so inspirational Michelle - and what an original use of the die cuts!!
Blessings
Maxine
Unknown said…
Awesome project! Love your tree! ;D
Karen Howard said…
Wow, this is really STUNNING!

Popular Posts