Top Note Fun!

This is not my original idea....but a friend gave me a card sample to check out...and it had this folded Top Note Die as the actual *card* that opens. I layered mine on a white cuttlebugged layer that is attached to a white cardstock panel.

I folded a piece of cardstock (4.25 x 8.5) in half, so the fold is on the short side. Then I cut it with the Top Note Die so that the folded line was not cut...thus giving me my very funky *card* shape.

I then cut patterned paper from my scrap bin with the Top Note Die, and added some faux stitching.

The butterfly is a Cuttlebug Embossing/Die Cut set. The ribbon is some retired SU! stuff (and it matches in real life.....really!!) The stamp is from SU!'s Flight of the Butterfly Set.

Comments

Virginia said…
Beautiful card, I love the embossed butetrfly!
Michelle, this is beautiful even if it is someone else's idea!
Heidi said…
oooh I love it, the butterfly is beautiful. I almost bought the nesties one but then couldn't think of how much I'd use it, this would have been perfect.
Jacquel said…
I LOVE this card! thanks for the tip on how to do that top note fold and your butterfly is gorgeous!!!!
Mandy said…
How elegant! I love the ribbon and that sweet butterfly! Very, very pretty!
Kim said…
AWESOME! No wonder you want the butterflies now....I think I have to have them now too! ha ha!
Hugs~ Kim
Jacqueline said…
I LOVE this card Michelle - just gorgeous colour combo!
loretta said…
Beautiful. I'm a huge butterfly fan and love the details of your creation!
Anonymous said…
I LOVE THIS

MELISSA
Anonymous said…
This is beautiful Michelle! I love what you did with the die. Its always so nice to have ideas for cards that are just a little different than ones you can buy in the store. It makes them even more special. The pearly butterfly is beautiful.
Becky G said…
This is so pretty, Michelle! I love the softnees of it!

Hugs~Becky

Popular Posts