Best Friends


Another iCopic post...it's Tips and Tricks Tuesday and I have two little tricks for you today.

Trick #1 - I'm a *flicker* sort of girl!  For the hair on my little ladies today I started by flicking the darkest colors, then the medium colors and then just did a slight blend for their hair.  I wanted the textured look for their lucious locks!

Trick #2 - fussy cutting is quick and easy and I find myself doing it on many of my images.  To get a smooth line when cutting, turn your paper, not your scissors.  I take lots of tiny straight cuts on the more detailed areas of the image.  Pop your image up on foam and it adds great dimension to your project!

This image is Best Friends by SWALK/Crafter's Companion. Ashley had GREAT prices on these right now...check it out!
Bench: E44, E43
Skin: E02, E00
Brunette:  E59, E57, E55
Blonde:  E35, YR24, Y21
Dresses:  R22, R21  and B45, B41

Sentiment is by SP&Co and designer papers are from iCopic as well!  Check out the fabby selection!

Comments

cute card, love the coloring and the layers, very nice !!!
Paula
אורית said…
Great card. Love the image and your coloring. Thanks for the tip.
Jennifer said…
I love how you popped up your image over this beautiful paper! Very Sweet!
your "flickering" looks like real hair to me!
Jaspere said…
This is adorable.
Amy Johnson said…
Such a super cute image and card!
Colleen said…
Lovely card right down to the stitching along the sides and your coloring is fantastic.
ColleenB.
Awww very cute - love the way the hair turned out, and the three black brads add an amazing but very subtle detail.
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts