Our Craft Lounge - Heart Felt Challenge

This is one of two posts today....so be sure to scroll for more inspiration!



This week's Our Craft Lounge Challenge is a Heart Felt one!   Check out the details on the OCL blog!

For my fabric, I upcycled!  That's just so much more fun to say than recycled!  The heart is the silky fabric lining of a man's tie!  We bought a gaudy orange tie at Good Will to cut up and shred for a pirate's belt for a school project.  The lining was this fabby fabric, and I loved the color scheme, so though my hubby rolled his eyes at me, I tossed it on my stamping desk...not knowing what I would do with it....but it was just pretty!

I used a heart punch in the center of a Spellbinders' Fleur De Lis Square Die.  I used the heart to frame my tiny fabric scrap!  Found some perfectly matchy-matchy papers in my scrap drawer...and some more perfectly fun ribbons in my ribbon scraps. 

I finished the card off with a sentiment from the Say It With Flowers set.  I love the font of this set!

Comments

Liesbeth said…
I like the image of the Zebra, and the way you made your card with it.
gr. Liesbeth
kaartjesvanliesbeth.blogspot.com
Colleen said…
Both Gorgeous cards and that zebra card is adorable
Awesome love the upcycle !!!
Paula
Rhonda Miller said…
What a beautiful card. TFs.
Love this 'up-cycled' card - what a great fabric to be inspired by!
Blessings
Maxine
Pambi7 said…
I really like both of your cards. Using the fabric in the second one was very clever, and I love the blue.

Popular Posts